Monday, January 11, 2010

Wood Heart Wreath

Valentine's day is coming up quickly!
 I seen a similar version of this at Kohls for $20 and I knew it could be made for wayyyy less! I bought all the items for this for under $7.
 I started out with just plain wood disc in two different sizes. Hot Glue. Various Valentine's Day themed paint. Ribbon. 2 Staples. Other things could be substituded as desired.


12 Steps to Make:
1st- Make a heart on a piece of paper approximately the size you want my wreath to be.
2nd- Layout the disc in the order desired on the heart on the paper.
3rd- Begin gluing them together (be careful not to burn your fingers with the hot glue)
4th- (Optional) If you want a layered look like in the picture double up every other disc.
5th- Let glue set for about 10 minutes or so.
6th- Begin painting with the desired colors be sure if adding several layers of paint to let it sit to dry between layers (see paint label).
7th- (Optional) If wreath is going to be hung outdoors consider adding a protectant layer.
8th- Let dry completely.
9th- Cut ribbon to desired length.
10th- Tie a knot in each end of ribbon.
11th- Staple to back of wreath in desired location (keep in mind to staple in the same location on each side of the wreath so it will hang straight if that is desired)
12th- Enjoy your new handmade valentine's wreath!

I will be adding a sweethearts design as the finishing step to mine... will post pics of it once I find the ones I want to use! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment