Sunday, January 24, 2010

Low Fat vanilla cupcakes w/icing :)

This is honestly the first dessert I have made completely homemade!

They may not be too pretty but they sure were good!

I changed the icing a tad but it still turned out pretty well, I was impressed!

I also for the first time used the silicone individual cupcake holders
and I liked them however I do wish the paper cups would have fit better.

Heres the recipes I used:

Low Fat Vanilla Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes.


Ingredients
• 2 cups white flour
• 1/2 cup Splenda
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• ½ tsp salt
• 1/2 cup skim milk
• 1/4 cup vegetable oil
• 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1 egg
• 2 egg whites
• 1 tsp vanilla extract

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix dry and wet ingredients separately, then stir just until combined. Line 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake papers and divide batter evenly. Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of one cupcake comes out clean.

Butter Creamy Icing

Ingredients
•1/3 cup butter
•1/4 teaspoon salt
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•3 cups sifted confectioners sugar
•3 to 4 tablespoons milk

Instructions:
Warm butter then mix with salt and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy.  Add sugar gradually, beating continuously.  Add 3 tablespoons milk beating until smooth. If not the consistency you desire add more sugar to make thicker or milk to make thinner.

For your enjoyment this is the lunch I made as well!

Chicken Parm, whole wheat noodles with Fociacca Bread! YUMMMMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment