Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mail Holder

We are constantly getting mail... sometimes I wish it would stop! HAHA!
However since thats not going to happen I needed to find a place to store all the mail we receive atleast until the bills are due and our taxes are done.  So I took a 12x10 sheet of extra heavy chipboard (12x12 sheet cut down).  Scored it where I wanted the folds to be, decorated it with two sheets of decorative scrapbook sheets using modpodge.  I let it dry really well.  Put a hole in each corner where the ribbon would go.  Fed the ribbon through each hole with a knot tied on each side to prevent it from changing the width when I didn't want it to.  I know it's not exceptionally fancy but it works for the purpose I needed it to and doesn't look awful hanging in our kitchen!

2 comments:

  1. very creative! i like it! we are having the same dilema at our house! I saw a tutorial where people mod podged clipboards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the mail holder, I'm always plopping that stuff on the counter and it never has anywhere to go! Problem solved thanks to you my dear.
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete